Established in 2012, Big Daddy Que started off as a food truck and catering company that had a small brick and mortar location in Loganville. Through word of mouth and tasty food, people found out this place meant serious Barbecue. Now, Big Daddy Que is smoking the competition in Gwinnett with its high quality meats, friendly attitude, and special sauces.
Big Daddy Que
Over the years, Big Daddy Que has amassed a strong following through Gwinnett county even winning best BBQ in the county in 2015. Through strong community relationships and determination to provide the best BBQ around, they opened a new Brick and Mortar location right in the town of Grayson which is apart of the new Rail Yard.
The new location at the Rail Yard is a great spot for this thriving BBQ restaurant. On the weekends you can catch the owner in the back smoking racks of ribs and brisket for the busy nights. Since everything is smoked and prepped on site, you can guarantee that the meats are fresh, tinder and practically fall off the bone making it the top of the line BBQ spot around.
In addition, Big Daddy Que has a special way of making you feel welcome and at home. The owners are constantly walking around checking on the guests and making sure your dining experience is perfect. Their menu reflects this home feeling by offering tons of fun name options for all types of BBQ dishes.
BBQ Menu Options
My personal favorite thing to order on the menu is the brisket sandwich with a side of fries and fried okra. I grew up a brisket lover and that has never changed. Luckily, I have a new favorite spot close to home that can satisfy that brisket kick.
Another great thing about this BBQ spot is they always have brisket on the menu. A crowd favorite, brisket is not always offered on a lot of the menus around Gwinnett, but this place does it right. You can even ask for a little bit of bark on the sandwich which is the burnt part of the meat to add some additional flavor. Did I forget to mention, the sides are enough for two people, so make sure to bring a friend because there is plenty to share in the basket full of fries you get.
Here are some of the other popular options on the Big Daddy menu:
- Pork and Cheese Fries– Fries, pulled pork, melted cheddar, pepperoni bits, sour cream
- Ultimate Meat and Cheese Fries– Fries, pulled pork, chopped brisket, chopped turkey, melted cheddar, pepperoni bits, sour cream
- Fried Pickles– Dill chips fried, spicy ranch
- Kait’s Pig-n-Cheese – Mac Daddy Cheese, smoked pulled at the peak pork, sweet sauce
- Smoked Sausage and Cheese Platter– Smoked sausages, assortment of cheeses, pepperoni peppers, famous rub
- Big Daddy Sammich– ½ pound of slow-smoked pulled at the peak pork, creamy coleslaw, sauce
- The Roger Dodger– ⅓ pound of slow-smoked pulled at the peak pork, pickles, red onion.
- The Andrew – ⅓ pound of slow-smoked pulled at the peak pork, pimento cheese
- Brisket Sandwich– Slow-smoked seasoned beef brisket, sauce
- Big Daddy Dawg– 100% beef half-pound, cheese, slaw
- Southern Dog– 100% beef hotdog, cheese, coleslaw
- Big Daddy Que beans
- Mac Daddy Cheese
- Brunswick Stew
- Squash Casserole
- Fried Okra
- Collard Greens
- French Fries
- Green Beans
- Sweet mustard – Strong mustard sauce that reminds me of a hot dog from the Baseball Park. It is rather good, but I liked using it on my sides like the fries.
- Vinegar Sauce – Thin sauce with a tang. This sauce goes really well on a sandwich to give it a little twist of flavor. You could also mix this sauce with some of the other for added flavor.
- Spicy Sauce – Thick sauce with a kick. Personally, I enjoyed this sauce although it was quite thick. Either way, it was nice to mix it up with the other sauces by using this one every other bite.
- Sweet Sauce – Standard tasty BBQ sauce with a hint of sweet flavors. This sauce really is the bread and butter of most of the dishes here. It is your all time favorite and typical BBQ sauce. I might have had too much of this one.
BBQ in Grayson
While there are plenty of options to dine in the small town of Grayson, Big Daddy Que sure makes for a great family experience. There are always smiling faces coming out of their restaurant which means every person likes what they find here.
Make sure to swing by and see their new location soon or you might just miss out on a great new spot to dine!
If you like BBQ and want another place to try out closer to Atlanta, then check out my other blog post here about a spot in Buckhead, Georgia, Lovies BBQ.