There is something magical and divine about Italian cuisine served like it is at the La Grotta Ristorante in Atlanta. It makes one feel as if they experienced the food straight out of Italy.
La Grotta Ristorante
The La Grotta Ristorante is situated in a majestic courtyard garden, right in the heart of the beautiful district of Atlanta, Buckhead. Specifically, this restaurant is recognized and applauded for serving the most delectable Italian cuisine since 1978, with absolutely no changes in its absolutely top-notch quality, taste, and services.
La Grotta offers an unmatchable fine dining experience in a serene courtyard setting for its guests. Perhaps, my personal experience and words full of praise are not enough to convince you to visit this restaurant. Although, you will surely be convinced after discovering that the restaurant has been voted as the best Italian restaurant for eighteen consecutive years by the Atlanta Magazine.
Also, since the last 25 years, the restaurant has been the AAAA four-diamond ward’s recipient and a consistent winner of the DiRona Award for years. Need I say more?
Ambiance in La Grotta
When we imagine a dine-out session, we always envision doing it in style but comfortably and cozily. The clientele of the La Grotta is always given the experience of upscale dining in a cozy atmosphere, making it the perfect little evening getaway during a hectic routine.
Among the highlights of the atmosphere are the romantic birch archways and the plush banquettes. Specifically, the Peachtree patio here is known for transporting the diners to a private and secluded garden oasis. It comes complete with lush green scapes, fountains, and everything that symbolizes style, elegance, and romance.
La Grotta History
The La Grotta restaurant is a family-owned and operated business and one of a kind in the food industry. In particular, the restaurant proudly boasts of staff, including many waitstaff, who has been with the restaurant for more than thirty years now. Their chef, Antonio Abizanda, has reached the peak of his Northern Italian cuisine expertise, ever since he became a part of La Grotta in 1978.
Antonio joined hands with his partner Christian Favalli, who used to hang coats in the coatroom till 1978. Today, the pair of them are the owners of a large food business right in the heart of the thriving Atlanta. Although, you can find Christian even today buzzing around the dining room, in his most charming usual manner, making memories with old and new guests alike. When I say La Grotta gives you the dining experience of a lifetime, I am not exaggerating in the least.
The menu at La Grotta, as well as its wine list, is nothing short of extensive. In particular, it boasts and showcases the true essence of Northern Italian cuisine and wines from all across the world. Furthermore, if you have a favorite in mind but cannot find it on La Grotta’s menu, they promise to happily create it for you if they have all the required ingredients in the house. Can it get any better than that?
Now coming to the most important part, the highlights of their menu:
Cold Appetizers- Antipasti Freddi
- Bresaola Valtellinese- these are air-dried Piemontese beef tenderloin served with an arugula salad, shavings of parmesan cheese, and in addition black olive vinaigrette.
- Capaccio All’Italiana- includes aged manchego, beef tenderloin carpaccio, grilled artichokes, arugula, and served with a black truffle dressing.
- Mozzarella di Buffula- mozzarella made out of fresh buffalo’s milk, Ashland farm’s basil, Georgia tomatoes vine-ripened, aged balsamic and EVOO.
- Calamari con Pesto- white wine, seared calamari with garlic, chili flakes, and basil pesto.
- Cozze al Vino Bianco e Crema al Curry- Mussels sautéed in white with shallots, garlic, and curry cream.
- Zuppa del Giorno- Soup of the day served at the market price
- Chiocciole Aglio Olio con Spinaci- these are snails sautéed in butter, fresh herbs, garlic, white wine, and in addition served with creamed spinach.
- Grilled veal chop cooked in red vine veal jus and in addition served with vegetables.
- Veal cop parmesan- these are pounded and lightly breaded veal chop with melted mozzarella and marinara and in addition served with Linguini Marinara.
- Wild mushrooms served with veal loin scaloppini served with a creamy marsala wine sauce.
- Chicken breasts, pan-roasted and stuffed with prosciutto, fontina cheese, sage, are served with a lemon butter caper sauce.
- Grilled beef tenderloin, served with a topping of gorgonzola cheese in a Barolo, with a Pommery mustard sauce and served with seasonal vegetables and roasted garlic mashed potatoes.
The side plates consist of a choice of:
- Pasta- Linguini, angel hair, fettucine, spaghetti and penne
- Sauce- Agli Olio, alfredo cream sauce, carbonara and Amatriciana, Tomato Basil, Puttanesca, Primavera, Marinara and Fradivola.
- Vegetables- Creamy polenta, asparagus, roasted fingerling potatoes, sautéed mushrooms, sautéed spinach and in addition vegetable of the day.
- Tiramisu – The house specialty served with layers of mascarpone cheese, ladyfingers, espresso, marsala, and amaretto cookies.
- Crème Brulee – Vanilla custard homemade and glazed to order.
- Panna Cotta – Gram Marnier panna cotta served with pistachio
- Fruta Fresca di Stagione – Fresh seasonal berries including blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and in addition served with a scoop of vanilla gelato.
- Gelati e sorbetti Misti – Assorted Italian sorbets and in addition ice cream served with chocolate, pistachio, vanilla, mango, and raspberry.
- Private Events
La Grotta also offers its services to host your special events. You can use their main dining hall or the complete patio for private dinner events. Among other options for hosting your dinner parties include private tables in their main dining area, which is just the ideal option for casual and professional gatherings.
The restaurant also offers a selection of private events beverages and menus personally curated by their time to please you and your guests. Furthermore, if you do not have time to organize all the million details that go into hosting a dinner party, you can get in touch with the private events team at La Grotta and allow you to provide you with one-on-one assistance in executing your event to perfection.
La Grotta Ristorante in Atlanta Contact Information
Phone number: (404) 231-1368
|Days of week||Open hours|
|Saturday||5:30 PM – 10:30 PM|
|Monday||5:30 PM – 9:30 PM|
|Tuesday||5:30 PM – 9:30 PM|
|Wednesday||5:30 PM – 9:30 PM|
|Thursday||5:30 PM – 9:30 PM|
|Friday||5:30 PM – 10:30 PM|