Data experts write reports on last year’s marketing statistics that have huge implication for businesses and if you want to maximize your marketing department then you need to keep these numbers in mind. The sources for each data point is listed so you can follow them for more details.
As an Atlanta business, it is important to stay update to date on the latest marketing trends by analyzing the marketing statistics produced by analysts. Utilize the marketing statistics to further your reach, increase traffic, increase conversions, and ultimately grow your business!
Below we dive into into some of the different statistics that we think are impactful and paint a clear picture of where the marketing world is headed.
SEO statistics represent a wide range of metrics, but there are a few clear findings that Atlanta Businesses need to know.
- In sum, using videos on landing pages will increase conversions by 86%. (Wordstream, 2018)
- 90% of searchers haven’t made their mind up about a brand before starting their search. (Status Labs, 2018)
Like traditional SEO, local SEO focused on the general area around your business. For Atlanta businesses, that would be the greater Atlanta area.
- Not to mention, local searches lead 50% of mobile users to visit stores within one day. (Google, 2018)
Ecommerce is a thriving way for businesses to increase revenue and get a leg up on competition. Lets review some of the top statistics.
- To begin with, 84% of people will not make a purchase if they are dealing with an unsecured website. (Blue Corona, 2018)
- By 2021, global retail ecommerce sales will reach $4.5 trillion. (Shopify Plus, 2018)
- B2B ecommerce sales are expected to outgrow B2C ecommerce sales by 2020. (Ecommerce Platforms, 2018)
Most marketing making is done from a simple web search. Traditionally, Google has been dominant in this area leading businesses to solely focus on Google rankings, Ads and developments.
- Google drives 96% of mobile search traffic. (Jody Nimetz Co., 2018)
- Over 51% of smartphone users have discovered a new company or product while conducting a search on their smartphone. (Google, 2018)
Organic search is similar to when you are looking to buy a new product and you search for the product online, a relevant company selling that product will pop up as well. Additionally, companies use blogs and off-page SEO to drive organic traffic to their website from simple everyday searches. The hottest trend to do this in 2019, is from videos on youtube and other similar platforms that drive traffic to your site.
- 61% of marketers say improving SEO and growing their organic presence is their top inbound marketing priority. (HubSpot, 2018)
- 70-80% of search engine users are only focusing on the organic results. (MarTech, 2018) Video content is 50 times more likely to drive organic search results than plain text. (Omnicore, 2018)
- Organic SEO is about 5.66 times better than paid search ads. (New Media Campaigns, 2018)
Projected to be one of the newest upcoming trends, voice search has seen a massive boost in user base and exposure. For instance, popular figures like Gary Vee promote it voice search and voice based apps endlessly stating they are the upcoming next best thing. In today’s society, it is best to be ahead of the trend, that means enable your business to be found through voice search.
- Two-thirds of people who use digital voice assistants, such as Amazon Echo or Google Home, use their smartphones less often. (CNBC, 2018)
- In general, content marketing statistics Learn what projects and platforms content marketers are prioritizing.
What you are reading now could be considered a blog or an article depending on how you look at it.In particular, Blogging has proven to be one of the most beneficial tools for online marketing. A well written blog will drive hundreds of organic traffic to your site month after month giving you a larger audience to leverage.
- To illustrate, 55% of marketers say blog content creation is their top inbound marketing priority. (HubSpot, 2018)
With the plan of blogging, it is important to have a clear content strategy. If you are writing blogs over topics that will not lead you to potential clients, conversions, or gain market presence, then you are probably wasting your most precious resource, time.
- In similar fashion, 9% of marketers plan to add Medium to their marketing efforts in the next 12 months. (HubSpot, 2018)
In time similar to voice search, podcasts are projected to grow tremendously over the next 5 years. This is because the general population does not have time to sit and watch a video and focus on the image being portrayed for too long. People are active, on the move, driving, multitasking and this means that information has to adapt to this audience. For instance, podcasts convey important information in a quick, easy digestible way that people can utilize on the go.
- Surprisingly, 17% of marketers plan to add podcasting to their marketing efforts in the next 12 months. (HubSpot, 2018)
- Monthly podcast listeners grew from 24% of Americans to 26% year over year. (Edison Research, 2018)
- In any case, podcast listeners are more likely to own a smart speaker. (Edison Research, 2018)
- 27% of men and 24% of women listened to podcasts in the last month. (Edison Research, 2018)
- Podcasts are the number one audio source by time of consumption among podcast listeners. (Edison Research, 2018)
Social Media Statistics
Social media is just as important as SEO, web rankings and video content. Many businesses leverage their social media followings to drive traffic to their business website and generate additional revenue.
- By comparison, India has the most Facebook users out of any other country in the world. (Statitsa, 2018)
- As of June 2018, Facebook had 1.47 billion daily active users and 2.23 billion monthly active users. (Facebook, 2018)
- As of January 2018, the age group with the most Instagram users worldwide is 18-24, followed by 25-34-year-olds. (Statitsa, 2018)
- Seven out of ten hashtags on Instagram are branded. (Sprout Social, 2018)
- Instagram mobile ad revenue is expected to hit nearly $7 billion this year. (Statista, 2018)
- Instagram hit 1 billion monthly users in June 2018, after hitting 800 million monthly users in September. (TechCrunch, 2018)
Undoubtedly, instagram’s user count is growing close to 5% per quarter. (TechCrunch, 2018)
- eMarketer estimates that Instagram will generate $5.48 billion in U.S. ad revenue in 2018. (TechCrunch, 2018)
- Instagram makes up 28.2% of Facebook’s mobile ad revenue. (TechCrunch, 2018)
- Instagram launched IGTV app in 2018 which allows creators to upload one-hour long videos. (TechCrunch, 2018)
- There are over 400 million Instagram users creating Instagram stories every day. (Statitsa, 2018)
- Jakarta, Indonesia is the top tagged location in Instagram stories. (Digital GYD, 2018)
- The top three most common hashtags used in Instagram stories in 2018 are #GOODMORNING, #WORK, #GOODNIGHT. (Digital GYD, 2018)
- Research on 89 companies found that marketers posted 1,347 Instagram Stories compared to 614 Snapchat Stories in July 2018. (Our Social Times, 2018)
- Another key point, Instagram Stories posted a 220% increase in year-on-year ad spend. (Our Social Times, 2018)
- The average LinkedIn user spends 17 minutes on the site per month. (Wordstream, 2018)
- Provided that, LinkedIn has 562 million members. (LinkedIn, 2018)
- Presently, 40% of members visit the professional social network each day. (Omnicore Agency, 2018)
- 80% of people use Pinterest on mobile. (CoSchedule Blog, 2018)
- Equally important, 80% of millennial Pinterest users say that the platform helps them decide what they should buy. (CoSchedule Blog, 2018)
- Additionally, Snapchat has 188 million daily active users. (Statista, 2018)
- In summary for 2017, 81% of Snapchat’s Q2 revenue came from North America (Omnicore, 2018)
- In May 2018, Snapchat’s shares were worth $10.95, down from their original value of $27.09. (Brandwatch, 2018)
- Altogether in the U.S., Snapchat is the sixth most popular social networking app as of May 2018. (Statitsa, 2018)
- In August 2017, Snapchat users were 64% more likely to send a snap to a friend than post to stories. (Quartz, 2018)
- As of May 2018, the longest Snapchat streak is 1,120 snaps. (Brandwatch, 2018)
- To put it differently, Snapchat users spent an average of 34.5 minutes on the app in September 2018.
- In general, the cost for Snap Ads campaigns starts at $3,000 per month. (Wallaroo Media, 2018)
Social Media Exposure
At any rate, social media gives your company tons of free traffic and exposure as you grow and gain followers.
- On the whole, 59% of Americans believe that customer service through social media has made it easier to get their questions answered and issues resolved. (Lyfe Marketing, 2018)
- About 3.03 billion people are on social media around the globe. (BrizFeel, 2018)
- 96% of people talking about companies and brands on social media aren’t actively following those brands. (Lyfe Marketing, 2018)
- Branded content on social media is twice as likely to interest people between the ages of 55 and 64 than those who are 28 and younger. (BrizFeel, 2018)
Social Media Usage
- More than 50% of Internet users say they follow some sort of celebrity or influencer account on social media. (BrizFeel, 2018)
- 2 million business are said to use Facebook for advertising in 2018. (Hootsuite, 2018)
- For instance, Social media and video viewing are the two most popular online activities. (Smart Insights, 2018)
- There are 369 million monthly active Twitter users as of 2018. (Statitsa, 2018)
- Surprisingly, Katy Perry has the most Twitter followers followed by Justin Bieber. (Statitsa, 2018)
- In 2017, Twitter’s revenue reached 2.44 billion US dollars. (Statitsa, 2018)
- Not to mention, 79% of Twitter’s monthly average users are located outside of the U.S. (Hootsuite, 2018)
- In addition, Tweets with videos get over six times as many retweets as tweets with photos. (Wochit, 2018)
Video Marketing Statistics
Videos are the best way to increase your online presence. As a result, multiple sources provide video marketing statistics detailing the effectiveness of providing videos of your services or products online. With videos becoming the standard, soon if you do not have a video you will be considered behind the curve if not already.
- Specifically, 41% of marketers plan to add Facebook video to their content strategy in the next year. (HubSpot, 2018)
- Above all, having a video thumbnail in the search results can double your search traffic. (Search Engine Journal, 2018) Video drives a 157% increase in organic traffic from SERPs. (Wordstream, 2018)
- For instance, YouTube 45% of marketers plan to add YouTube to their content strategy in the next year. (HubSpot, 2018)
- Additionally, About 5 billion YouTube videos are viewed on average every day. (Omnicore, 2018)
- As a matter of fact, 65% of senior executives navigate to a site after viewing a related YouTube video. (Single Grain, 2018)
Overview and Purpose
In summary, we hope you can utilize these marketing statistics to make better informed decisions on your marketing and social media plans!
In addition, if you learned something and enjoyed this article, make sure to check out our part 2 to the article where we discuss more relative statistics!